What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german shells

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
HI i found this great pic on line of some german WW1 shells and was wondering what they all are i know the blue one is a 7.7cm shrapnel.
Andy

Attachments

• german shells.jpg
    german shells.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 315
hi andy the one on the left in front of the broken shell is a 15cm shrapnell shell

regards lee

olio of shells

Hi Andy, I reckon they're all German WW1 or earlier shells, looks like WW1 hz14 fuzes on table and Dopp z92 fuze on one of the shells. As far as the rest, don't know (beside the 77mm), but would sure like to have dinner at that table. Never seen that pic before and just when you think you've seen 'em all. I really like that "bohemuth" projectile on far right side..Dano

Last edited:
That is one great photo! It looks old, but it's in color. It has a kind of late afternoon relaxed look to it. And then there are the shells. Cool.

Color

Hi HAZORD, I must be "brain dead" as I didn't even notice it was in color till I read your post. That is one really cool pic. I always wanted to start a sub collection of WW1 Images, post cards, and stereo-view cards picturing WW1 German ordnance but never got around to it. Some of the old WW1 German ordnance pics that i've posted belong to a collector friend of mine who lives in Canada. Really awesome stuff to look at.....Dano

Last edited:
realy nice pic

Relay nice pic i love this shells and i hope my collection of shells will also grow to this much !!

Best regards David

teardrops keep falling on my head

I was wondering if anyone knows what the "teardrop" shaped shell in about the middle of the picture? I don't think i've ever seen the likes of that one, again "kickass" picture....Dano

Hello,
the strange shell on the far right side is, I think, a projectile for the Voith Minenwerfer.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/41846937@N07/3857661223/"]Voith Minenwerfer on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2661/3857661223_396337b6d3_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3857661223@@AMEPARAM@@396337b6d3[/ame]

Kind regards Arjen

Voith Minenwerfer

Thanks Arjen, Did not know of existance of Voith Minenwerfer. What a deadly looking machine. I assume Voith Minenwerfer is either prewar or early war production. I'd bet that is one rare projectile. So much to learn, so little time (bout wore out bookmark function)...Dano

Is the Voith Minenwerfer the one with the wooden barrel?

What is the other strange teardrop shaped shell right in the middle of the table?

What kind of shell is it in the middle of the picture

Attachments

• naamloos.bmp
    47.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
identification !!!

Front side left side 15 cm C/ 80
Behind Row from left side no.1,2 and 4 : 15 cm Gr.14

best regards David