What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German shells

Diesel

Ordnance approved
Hello I'm helping a museum with repainting some old german naval shells (ww1) 105 mm. I would be very happy if someone could help me with the colors Here are some of the guns right after they were raised from the bottom. They are now restored and we would like to show some of the shells with them with regards Diesel

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
The shells were painted jellow.

The powdercharge was made in "Werk Düneberg" which was part of the "Vereinigte Köln-Rottweiler Pulverfabriken AG"

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for the help Alpini. Here are some photos of the canons after they have been restored. I will post some images from the exhibition when the museum opens in september. Regards Diesel

Attachments

• 105 cm kanoner fra Rostock.jpg
    105 cm kanoner fra Rostock.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Diesel, i might visit jutland this autumn so if you have the address of it, it would be great to see it. Is it about the battle of jutland?

kees

Hello a1brassansteel, Here is one of them. Regards Diesel

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 103
Hello

Just want to show one of the restored 105 mm guns from SMS Rostock, sunk at the battle of Jutland. This week it was 100 years ago and the memorial park for the battle of Jutland was opened. The gun was firing blanks during the night, every time a ship went down. (25 ships went down)

image.jpg

Photo: Knud Jakobsen