What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Simulator

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
This is a German simulator ...

from the documentation I have it is Pre WWII but thats all I have ...

Any ideas?

Joe

Attachments

• DSCF0788.jpg
    DSCF0788.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF0789.jpg
    DSCF0789.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 85
I don't think that they were only German. This looks pretty close.

DSC_3275.jpg

Here is another version ...

Smoke puff Green according to the document.

Joe

Attachments

• DSCF0816.jpg
    DSCF0816.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0815.jpg
    DSCF0815.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 33
This is a German simulator ...

from the documentation I have it is Pre WWII but thats all I have ...

Any ideas?

Joe
This is a nice old traditional european ground salute, called in german a "Kanonenschlag" (imitating the firing of a cannon). An old style "M80" firecracker, to use the common US parlance. These were in use in europe already since the 17th century. The Prussian ones were as large as 500gr of good quality rifle black powder. They are still sold in germany for Sylvester celebrations (Class C fireworks), but now made in China and filled with 6gr of powder factory floor sweepings. So "times that are achanging".
Greetings,
Bellifortis.

Last edited:
I knew that I had seen this simulator when somebody here in germany posted it on a fireworks site quite a while back. The copy are pages from a WW2 german TM. The salutes were produced by the factory "kun", which is J.F.Eisfeld, Kunigunde, one of the oldest german powder mills and fireworks manufacturersKnallk_rper-Wehrmacht-DV.JPGKnallk_rper_Wehrmacht.jpgKnallk_rper-Wehrmacht-Schachtel.JPG. These were made in 1944. Today the mill is the only one still operating under the WANO label and I consider their products to be the Best. Britain is getting all its powder from this mill. They just patented a new milling process through which they increased the power of black powder by a good measure.
Bellifortis.

I spent over 12 years working out of The Hague. When I returned home in 2010 it is possible that a piece or two may have followed me home.