What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW1 charge packet

I am a bit remiss here as I had started a thread on this some time ago and struck out trying to find it. Pictured here is a German WW1 explosive packet that I have had 3 others in and out of my collection over the years. Well this one just arrived from GWM, and unknown to them, my German friends Der Feldgraue and Dave83 talked me into buying the last one that GWM had (for 20.00 US how could one go wrong). Well anyway, at first I thought these packets were for filling the German WW1 petard grenades, but have since been educated (I am not an educated man, so I was really happy to find out the story on these packets). Well it seems that these were WW1 civilian explosive packets where a fuze of sorts was inserted directly into the packet. The German army adopted these explosive packets as a sort of stop-gap measure for bombs and booby traps (Dave83 and Der Feldgraue please feel free to jump in and correct me if I am errant). Well the other three I had left my collection so I felt compelled to buy the last one available. As usual when you think something will be there forever, now it is gone. I consider this a valuable addition to my German WW1 collection and with those words spoken I have some "OK" pictures now that my camera is a little better tuned (thanks for that to HAZORD and slickrick). This is a packet that was emptied then re wax-papered for collectibility. I hope Dave83 or Der Feldgraue jumps in and either confirms or corrects what I have just written....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 346.jpg
    Picture 346.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 33
  • Picture 347.jpg
    Picture 347.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 348.jpg
    Picture 348.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks so much

Thankyou Der Feldgraue, It is morning and I guess too much livation last night, Thanks so much for confirming what I think you had told me before in so many words. As mentioned this was the last packet that GWM had so unless another source pops up, they are gone. Looks good in the trench. Mucho apprecianado...Dano

Great, I had been thinking of ordering one of these from GWM, but draging my feet, and now I hear you got the last one, things are always in greater demand when there are none to have:)
Gus