What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW1 practice grenades

German WW1 practice grenades may draw little interest in the hobby but they are of great interest to me. I decided to start this thread in the hopes of seeing photos of members German WW1 practice grenades. Mostly the German WW1 practice grenades are painted red, but this is not always the case. I have seen practice stick grenades painted field gray and some practice m1917 rifle grenades black. Some had holes drilled into the body and some did not. I pictured a few I have, a m1917 stick, a m1917 egg and a m1915 discus. So rare ones, common ones or what have you, I would sure like to see some pics......... Dano

Attachments

• Picture 585.jpg
    Picture 585.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
heres a few for you to drool over dan.
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• Page6eggPractice.jpg
    Page6eggPractice.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Page6messageRG.jpg
    Page6messageRG.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Page6miniDiscus.jpg
    Page6miniDiscus.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Page6practicediscus.jpg
    Page6practicediscus.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Page6practice1913kugal.jpg
    Page6practice1913kugal.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Page61915practiceKugal.jpg
    Page61915practiceKugal.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 20
  • page6practicerg.jpg
    page6practicerg.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Page6practicestickgren1.jpg
    Page6practicestickgren1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
awesome

Terriffic Paul, thankyou for showing. That is the first '13 Kugel practice i've seen. Great grenades...Dano

'15 Kugel

Forgot to picture my practice '15 Kugel grenade........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 586.jpg
    Picture 586.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 13
period demo section box

Must include this photo of WW1 period photo of demonstration/training sectioned grenades....Dano

Attachments

• n_a.jpg
    n_a.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 32
German WW1 practice grenades may draw little interest in the hobby but they are of great interest to me. I decided to start this thread in the hopes of seeing photos of members German WW1 practice grenades. Mostly the German WW1 practice grenades are painted red, but this is not always the case. I have seen practice stick grenades painted field gray and some practice m1917 rifle grenades black. Some had holes drilled into the body and some did not. I pictured a few I have, a m1917 stick, a m1917 egg and a m1915 discus. So rare ones, common ones or what have you, I would sure like to see some pics......... Dano

oooh theyre nice Dano,, very nice,,,, not seen a discus practice before.. keep em comming Dano... Regards nick,,