What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW2 Rifle Grenades

Looks like a standard blank, why do you think it is a propelling cartridge?

If I recall right the 66mm launcher cup development was way before 1945 and never got adopted in Germany. It just got exported to Spain where it was used with the French 25mm Hotchkiss AT gun.
The German drawing for the peopelling cartridge is showing a rose crimped case and is dated 1942. So your cartridge here is not fitting the time line.

Even the 2cm Stielgranate is dated 1942.

Blanks had red Heads, Launching catriges black Heads, look at the Attachment! The Case isnt the original correct, bet the original WW2 case was destroyed :( So i take this it wuld be ok until a get a new WW2 original case.

The 2cm Schiebecher development was not finished and at the end of WW2 it was only in experiemental stadium. So i couldnt be exportet because the development wasnt finished. The Germans experiment with thin to on captured 25mm french guns its correct but this also never be finished in WW2. Look at some "Heeresberichte ber den Entwicklungsstand" (Army Reports about developments stadiums) from 1942, 1944 and 1945.

The launching cartridge with Woodhead is dated 43 in the first drawing i know but it give some Versions. The 2cm Stielgranate was given up in 1942.

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 31
  • k2.JPG
    k2.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
BACK ON TOPIC..Thanks for showing all these munfrosch,i never realised there was so many varients around

Hallo Robert are you sure about the 2 cm Schiessbecher, i have found several ones in Spain, produced in 1942 with code and Eagle markings, i also have seen many French 25 mm cannons with Schiessbecher, i will try to post a picture

Attachments

• DSC06941.jpg
    DSC06941.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC06942.jpg
    DSC06942.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 37
High,
very nice rifle grenade collection. The 2cm cup discharger is pure assumption by Munfrosch. Munfrosch if you have some pertinent documents I would be love to see them. Dont trust Museums and after war documents from EODs ect. They are wrong.
I have the documents for a cup discharger introduced for the 25mm french captured guns and the developement for the 3,7cm PAK 36.
There is no single word about a 2cm weapon or 37mm Flak. Why ? These are automatic guns - need recoil for function. The cup discharger would be screwed on the barrel - no place for recoil boosters or flash hiders. No problem on a single shot PAK. The cup
shouldt be screwed on the barrel and remained there. No problem to shoot the common ammo trough the discharger. If a 66mm shell was loaded a propelling cartridge was used.

NO NO cup dischargers on automatic weapons.

High,
very nice rifle grenade collection. The 2cm cup discharger is pure assumption by Munfrosch. Munfrosch if you have some pertinent documents I would be love to see them. Dont trust Museums and after war documents from EODs ect. They are wrong.
I have the documents for a cup discharger introduced for the 25mm french captured guns and the developement for the 3,7cm PAK 36.
There is no single word about a 2cm weapon or 37mm Flak. Why ? These are automatic guns - need recoil for function. The cup discharger would be screwed on the barrel - no place for recoil boosters or flash hiders. No problem on a single shot PAK. The cup
shouldt be screwed on the barrel and remained there. No problem to shoot the common ammo trough the discharger. If a 66mm shell was loaded a propelling cartridge was used.

NO NO cup dischargers on automatic weapons.

BIG BIG LAUGHING :D

Mr i know all look in attachment, my assumption :D :D :D

some things and infos you also found in heidlers new book! buts only in german like many other things and had copyrights...

Attachments

• assumption3.jpg
    assumption3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 28
  • assumption2.jpg
    assumption2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 29
  • assumption.jpg
    assumption.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
High Munfrosch,

you are right, thats something real new to me. I checked Michael Heidlers book about rifle grenade dischargers. They made extensive trials with rod type shells. Because the 2cm gun was avaiable, they made some cup discharger trials too with these gun. Because of the problems I mentioned befor, the trials where stopped in July 1942. Its not practical to unscrew the cup discharger and fitted the flash hider againe to use the gun as AA weapon.

stopped 1944 like the 37mm at gun program. 2 things was tested for 2cm riflegrenade laucher and a complete "weapon" the "bechergranatwerfer". from 25mm hotchkiss some goes to the soldiers