What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW2 Shell Case For LIG 18 Infantry Gun?

Spitace41

Hi all. I am trying to ID this case but I can't work out if its for an LIG 18 infantry gun or whether it is the lower half of a cut down shell. It measures 7.5cm in diameter. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMAG2666.jpg
    IMAG2666.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG2667.jpg
    IMAG2667.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG2668.jpg
    IMAG2668.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG2669.jpg
    IMAG2669.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 37
The casenumber '6341' means it's a "Karth.d.le.J.G.18". Caliber 7,5cm, length: 89mm, drawing number 13C6341, Polte hülsnr 165.

Attachments

• hulsnummers p8.jpg
    hulsnummers p8.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
What a coincidence, I've found one today... So, wich artillery piece is it for?

(mine says 32 -top-, K -right-, WaA75 6341 -bottom- )

I've never seen one (mostly the 10,5's :p ) so is this a rare one?

Pics: 7,5cmgershort.jpg7,5cmgershort1.jpg

and 2pics I found on an polish website... (I can't speak the language and the links they give don't work.. :( )
pics: 75mmkortgerWWII.jpg75mmkortgerWWII(b).jpg

That looks like one i found way back on a trip to my ex wife home Lithuania I found numerous crates in an abandoned house that no one had been in for years I brought home 3 in a metal basket i did find pics of the gun with the basket and the shells unfortunately i dont remember the name of the small field piece i will try and find it .I also found spent anti aircraft shells and the like ..this place was amazing i wish i had brought home a crate of these empty shells there had to be at least 20 full crates .in the field across the road was a T34 turret sitting in a farmers field and the locals were always finding ammo cashes unfortunately just before i got there a small kid found some hand grenades and took them school and one went off killing a couple .The small town was called Upinia{sp} I will take a pic later and post it with the metal ammo basket