What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WWI Minenwerfer fuze

Pictured is my fuze for the German WWI light (76mm) Minenwerfer. This one is not a relic but I still like it. Missing only the safety pin. It completely disassembles. I just love the German WWI fuzes.....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 677.jpg
    Picture 677.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 678.jpg
    Picture 678.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 61
Hello,
This marking in the form of lightning indicates a modification of the fuze. But which ?
Could the spring be reinforced?

Yes, it indicates a modification of the fuze. The symbol is a spring. But I am not 100% sure about the modification. May be the oldest models of this fuze had a stirrup spring and later a spiral spring but I could be wrong. There are no early documents about the Minenwerfer fuzes around.

A document of January 1917 indicates that this symbol which specifies a modification of fuze must also be affixed on the cases of conditioning.

I resubmit my request.
Is this flash only present on fuzes dated 1917? or do you know of any from 1916?

It could indeed be the early fabrications of the LWM Zdr.2 fuze.

Here is one dated 1916.
Sorry about poor quality of my photography.
Alan1.DSCN0830[1].jpgDSCN0831[1].jpg

Morn Julien, previous pic was from an eg taken from the fuze library.
Here is a LWMZ fuze dated 1916 and fitted to the projectile, which does not have the mod mark, and wch may help you with dating etc.
Alan1.DSCN0833[1].jpg