What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting rid

Dear fellow members;

I'm afraid it is time to get rid of my small collection of assorted ordinance, as my sons have no interest and will probably skip it all should I croak it and I think I can make good use of the money for a holiday or to spend on my 1936 Rover 12. I would like to sell as a lot rather than split it up, so I'd like to get an idea of how much it is worth. Please see pictures attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• P1000519.JPG
    P1000519.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 228
  • P1000520.JPG
    P1000520.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 224
  • P1000521.JPG
    P1000521.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 208
  • P1000522.JPG
    P1000522.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 199
  • P1000523.JPG
    P1000523.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 193
  • P1000524.JPG
    P1000524.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 186
  • P1000525.JPG
    P1000525.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 192
Off topic but the same situation is with many of us, including myself - what to do with all "valuable" junk collected during years? Especially today when near nothing can be sent to eventual buyers in other countries.

Off topic but the same situation is with many of us, including myself - what to do with all "valuable" junk collected during years? Especially today when near nothing can be sent to eventual buyers in other countries.

You could go back to the old fashioned way of doing business........meet people and do swaps :tinysmile_grin_t:

Dave.

Seems your collection covers a nice range of items but it might appeal to more people if you split it up into groups, say mines, motars, bombs, etc. that way there might be more interest. For instance I might be interested in the ammunition but would not want anything else as its out side my interest. Good luck, you may get someone starting out who would take the lot. As to value its very much what you can get for it, low price and it will move easily, get a high price will take a long while. There are items in it that are low value and they will drag the price down for the good stuff if you keep it as one lot.

Hi chaps Thanks for all your interest and emails. it looks like I will have to split the collection. I did have one interesting offer of 350 for the lot. I think you may be hard pressed to find a Butterfly bomb or glass mine for that sort of money. I will consider sensible offers, or find an auction site that does this sort of thing. A message for Rhys of Canada sorry mate I can't and will not ship any of this stuff abroad I will not even post in this country it will have to be collected and if I am not happy its going to the right place it will not go. Thanks again for all your interest Kind Regards Richard.