What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gpal... A warning to my fellow Brothers in Arms and ammo...

grog18b

There are a couple other members here that can attest.... I used the online payment service Gpal (used to be called Gunpal) as a method of payment for a reloading guide and replicas I make. This service was supposed to be similar to Paypal, but pro gun. Well... There have been several people and businesses that have not received their funds for months, and still have not received funds. I am one of those. The customer service is abysmal to say the least, and many complaints have been filed against them by their customers. You can check out Auction Arms forums under the "Help" category for further information, or PM me here. My advice is, stay as far away from "Gpal" as possible when making or receiving payments. (Uness you can afford to wait months for your money)
George

I second the advise for US Members to no longer use Gpal Payment Services. I was one of their first accounts and biggest supporters in the beginning. Do to their lack of payment transfers, lack of customer service and unethical business practices over the last several months, I can / will no longer support their service.

I along with Frank was a big proponent of this service but would like to recant anything good I've said in the past upon hearing this from two of our fine members.

Wow, I had no idea it was this bad. I paid a guy with Gpal and it took weeks for him to get his money but I thought it had to be an isolated incident. That's the last time I use them. Thanks guys!

Apparently

...and I'm just guessing, assuming no malice, but I probably should...

that there was some sort of problem, they (Gpal) decided not to tell anyone about, everyone wanted their money out, and they (Gpal) didn't have enough money available to pay everyone, and now they are paying on a case by case basis. Basically, they need to wait until people put money in, to pay the money they owe out.

Either that, or they are just collecting a lot of interest on our money and figure as long as they pay one person a day, no one will arrest them.