What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gr.Z92 German WW1 fuze

Another of my FAVORITE German WW1 fuzes. I was finally able to find one reasonably priced. This one is stamped
Gr.Z92
RM 17 (I assume this means it was made in 1917)
This fuze is completely made from brass. It is a percussion only fuze, equipped with a safety pin that was removed before the shot. That allowed the movement of a first percussion system, whose sliding starter-bearer went in contact with the fixed percussion pin, igniting a big gun powder grain. The burning of this gun powder grain allowed the movement of a 2nd inertia system, positioned in the fuze tail, so that at the shock time the starter-bearer was violently projected against a fixed percussion pin provoking the relay-charge explosion. This fuze was dedicated to the explosive ("GR" Granate - Obus explosif). It was mainly used with ammunition of the

150mm heavy field howitzers (sFH02, sFH13)

Long 210mm mortars

210mm mortars models 1902 and 1910

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 417.jpg
    Picture 417.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: