What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gr. Zdlg. C/98 Nitropenta

Hi Grenademan,
What you have there is a artillery shell booster to fit a in the gaine for use in a variety of WW2 German rounds. All empty and inert i hope,
Best regards Weasel.

Inert for sure, I understand your words as I know this type of items are very dangerous for inert and most of them are thrown away. Were they used for 8,8cm rounds? And for 7,5cm?

I have been offered all this. I need your advice about buy it or not because asking price is not cheap, so I would need to know if they are desirable items, how much would you pay for a set, etc. Send me a PM if you want. Thank you. Everything inert, of course.

Attachments

• DSC01767.jpg
    DSC01767.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01768.jpg
    DSC01768.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01770.jpg
    DSC01770.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01771.jpg
    DSC01771.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
I had in the past a collection of several different bakelite and metal storage tins ( empty ) and when selling them away found it quite difficult. They sell around 10-15 Euros each.
However the inert booster charges may sell better to ordnance collectors as they are not often available. But if they all are the same type you have a long project to get rid of them all.

Yes, C/98 was used in various different 7,5 cm HE-shells - including Pak 40. Also in 8,8cm HE-shells.
Further there were several different variations of C/98 but all of the same size and thus interchangeable for each purpose; with delay, without delay etc.

The problem is that buying price is not cheap, so the investment is high... for this Id like to see if they are good items for resell or not. I also believe they are nice items for artillery collectors and well priced, but I have no more answers than from you, maybe not the right section?

I agree with T-mine price sounds reasonable to me.

Unfortunately not the ones I'm after....:tinysmile_cry_t:

I'm looking for the klZdlg34 (empty of course) - there must be some out there!!!

regards Kev

Yes, but this is not a WWII grenade, have you ever seen me asking about how sell a WWII grenade? It is just I cant understand why no more members write their opinions here, whats the problem? I dont know. :dontknow:

I have some options, but as we have talked about this, my problem is the price and the postage.

This charges used also for the W.K. Sprengs
Some nice picture for visioning this nice tins here. From this site http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/32cmwk_2.htm

Regards
E

Attachments

• etiq_32cmwk_.jpg
    etiq_32cmwk_.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 34
  • wk32.jpg
    wk32.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 35