What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great service, let the SELLER beware!!

I have sold but at this time I would call myself a buyer. As a seller the number of customers (and potential customers for that matter) that you can afford to lose is NONE, not in this economy. I'll not name the site but I have been doing business with the here in the US since way before the web hit. They have had a site for some time. I call them, they know me, I know them. I tell them what I want, it is on my doorstep via UPS on the 2nd day after ordering, then I send a personal check for the item and postage. That is service. That is what a buyer thirsts for. Now I am not telling sellers to take personal checks, that is foolish, just think about serving your customers. A same day email responce would be a definate start. Stay in contact for christs sake. I love doing business with the web site I mentioned because I just clamour to good service and they take care of me. I will not follow the herding masses to follow one seller because he has great s__t and beg to buy something. My days of "bending over" are over. Sellers, think about going to a restaurant, your waitress is a tad bitchy, your food takes forever to get there, I am not sure about you guys but I want her dead, at least wounded. Just think about that now. What's that, a knock on the door. It is neighbor "Zip" with fresh supply of Thai stick. Like Red Skelton said at the end of every show (way back when) "thank you and may God bless"..............Dano

Last edited:
Tell me about it Dano.....
Along the same lines i asked 8 fencing companies for a quote for a horse wire they are all agents for and stock. 3000 meters of it to a value of about 5k and only two bothered to ring me back as they said they would with a quote. Whats that about !!!!!!!
C.

Sadly Charlie, It seems to be the way of the world. The days of a handshake sealing a deal are unfortunately long gone....Dano

... just think about serving your customers. A same day email responce would be a definate start. Stay in contact for christs sake. I love doing business with the web site I mentioned because I just clamour to good service and they take care of me. ..."..............Dano

There's a few eGun sites that would benefit from your advice. Ah well, I suppose praying that the good arrive is supposed to be part of the fun.