What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gren No74 Mk1 - Cart and Det Assembly

pedro

Ordnance approved
Someone did ask about the Cap Holder and Det in the No74 Mk1.
Here's my original part recovered from WWII special forces trg area. along with a 3d versions as a replacement for those who can't find an original.
Gren-Hand-ATK-UK No 74 Mk  1 drawing.JPGno74gren det.jpgGren-Hand-ATK-UK No74 MK1 DetHolder-Photo01.jpgGren-Hand-ATK-UK No74 MK1 DetHolder-Photo06.jpgGren-Hand-ATK-UK No74 MK1 DetHolder-Photo02.jpgGren-Hand-ATK-UK No74 MK1 Cart410-Photo04.jpg74CartdetholderwithCE.JPG74Cartdetholder.JPG74CartwithDet.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Ralf what you have is the transit piece that is replaced with the detonator and adapter,,,,,,

Thank You for bringing me here to the right path. But for my correct understand: had only been the inner bakelite-type been replaced or was also the aluminium-tube part of the transit-piece?

Best regards,
Ralf

Hello Zorro.

The Bakelite part is removed and the Aluminium tube stays with the grenade flask then another part as in pedro post is fitted with detonator.