What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenade cartridge tin .303

sgtlynn

Just picked up this little addition to my collection. 14 Cartridges, Rifle Grenade .303 inch Walsrode, H Mark 1Z. Made by CAC which I believe is the Colonial Ammunition Company, New Zealand??? Great condition for something made in 1942. Thought it might be of interest

Attachments

• gren cart tin.jpg
    gren cart tin.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 95
Hi, Nice tin. It is NZ manufacture. You can find them made of recycled tin (milk powder etc) as well as plain tin. Does yours have any writting on the inside? Cheers Colin

Attachments

• tins.jpg
    tins.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 84
  • tins1.jpg
    tins1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 83
Thought this tin may be of interest. Headstamp on cartridge is ^F 26 I

MF26I.jpg

HI

..and a seriously nice headstamp as well.

Are there enough rounds in the tin to trade one?

Regards
TonyE

Firstly to TonyE. Sorry Tony, but the tin was empty when I received it and I have only the one cartridge in my collection.

Another Australian rifle grenade tin is attached, empty as received and I don't have the cartridge from it, but hstp is MF 37 HIZ . The base of the tin is stamped MK I over J M & S

MF37IZ.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately my tin is also empty, its got the original paper inside, but alas no cartridges........:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Hi, Here's a couple of launching rounds I've picked up over here. Cheers Colin

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 63
Hi, I'm picking one tin per Mills box gives you a couple of spares. Cheers Colin

Attachments

• BOX3.jpg
    BOX3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 35
  • NZ made mills FMC.jpg
    NZ made mills FMC.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 40
Here's some English, Australian and New Zealand made tins. The Au and UK tins both are marked as H560, while the NZ tin has no packaging number. Of interest, the AU tin labels are overstamped "Blend M.4X" UK headstamp is R^L 40 HIZ

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
Hi,

Received this ammo tin today.
Is this a common tin because all the tins in this treat are for
14 cartridges.Afbeelding 299.jpg

Here's some of my tins and inert carts, i found recently the inside Cartridge tin spacer packing for the G70 box, i think this was also used for the No75 Igniters in the large steel box. Enjoy,,,,, Dave

HPIM5758.jpg HPIM5759.jpg HPIM5761.JPG HPIM5763.jpg HPIM5764.jpg HPIM5765.jpg HPIM5766.jpg HPIM5768.jpg HPIM5767.jpg