What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenade identification

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
A couple more ID questions. Some I've had for quite a while, but still don't have a model number listed. All came out of Iraq, but the second was tagged as Iranian. Both the blue and OD look to be copies of a German grenade (M-DN-11?).

Attachments

• Iraq 4.jpg
    Iraq 4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 27
  • Iraq 2b.jpg
    Iraq 2b.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Iraq 2.jpg
    Iraq 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Iraq 1.jpg
    Iraq 1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 24
A couple more ID questions. Some I've had for quite a while, but still don't have a model number listed. All came out of Iraq, but the second was tagged as Iranian. Both the blue and OD look to be copies of a German grenade (M-DN-11?).
Google says Dimon No. 12 on this one, but I don't have a lot of faith in their ordnance translations.

Attachments

• Israel.jpg
    Israel.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 15
Thanks, I wonder if the blue is a practice version?

I've never seen a designation - official or otherwise - or much info on the one on the right other than it is Iraqi. It would seem to date back to Desert Storm at least and have been made in white plastic too (yellow ones are possibly those that have discoloured over time). It's a defensive type with an internal frag coil and the two outer halves seem to be awkwardly held together only with pins.

Thanks, I wonder if the blue is a practice version?
Yes, 'Iraq4' is a practice grenade. It contains a smoke charge which is referred to in the AMIG (Ammunition Industries Group) documentation I have as HC. This is presume is short of hexachloroethane, which is the white smoke producing mixture that is commonly and primarily comprised of zinc dust, hexachloroethane and aluminium.

Here is another, an ARGES 40mm TP. I have nothing on it, I read the weak markings as "40mm mx46 TP 37", but could be off a bit on some of it. Anyone have a model number?

Attachments

• Arges.jpg
    Arges.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 7