What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenades - UK trials misc.

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Norman, here are the snaps of STRIM, ENERGA and MECAR models. The STRIM shown is for 7.62x51mm. their is one for 5.56x45mm. but fuze design (I'm informed) is modified?. Designation for 7.62mm is 'ZA' and for 5.56mm. is (l'm informed) 'XA'. No bullet trap in either grenade. Cheers, RonB.

Attachments

• trial grens, 016.jpg
    trial grens, 016.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 39
  • trial grens, 017.jpg
    trial grens, 017.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 32
  • trial grens, 021.jpg
    trial grens, 021.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 34
  • trial grens, 001.jpg
    trial grens, 001.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29
Norman, here are the snaps of STRIM, ENERGA and MECAR models. The STRIM shown is for 7.62x51mm. their is one for 5.56x45mm. but fuze design (I'm informed) is modified?. Designation for 7.62mm is 'ZA' and for 5.56mm. is (l'm informed) 'XA'. No bullet trap in either grenade. Cheers, RonB.

Thanks Ron, appreciated. I was not familiar with this particular STRIM model as my previous e-mail clearly demonstrated :)

On grenades Energa there was also a 'UV' version trialled before the SuperEnerga programme. It failed muster over here because it was filled PETN but the Australians took it up I believe. The version trialled in the UK had a 'ring' tail. You might find your chum has one of these lerking in an old cupboard.

Best

Trial grens.

Thanks Ron, appreciated. I was not familiar with this particular STRIM model as my previous e-mail clearly demonstrated :)

On grenades Energa there was also a 'UV' version trialled before the SuperEnerga programme. It failed muster over here because it was filled PETN but the Australians took it up I believe. The version trialled in the UK had a 'ring' tail. You might find your chum has one of these lerking in an old cupboard.

Best
Yes, l know of the 'UV' and the very fast explosive - Brits just dont like that stuff up em. The Australian's dont mind though. I do have another onecomming but no details about it. l really like early pre-No.94's but no one knows the history of them. l guess they all like the early ww1 & ww2 grens. As ever, Ron.

Yes, l know of the 'UV' and the very fast explosive - Brits just dont like that stuff up em. The Australian's dont mind though. I do have another onecomming but no details about it. l really like early pre-No.94's but no one knows the history of them. l guess they all like the early ww1 & ww2 grens. As ever, Ron.

Ron,

There is some traffic on the early stuff at:

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/no94-rifle-grenade-t3364.html