What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gridiron UK

LCplCombat

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
Ordnance approved
Gridiron UK on IMDB

Gridiron UK on Amazon

I had to reccommend this movie, I'm in it! #89

(It is released in USA as "The Gridiron" to avoid confusion with University of Kentucky!)

91wjszKFiyL.jpg

It's 1985. and in a country dominated by Soccer, Rugby, Cricket, and Fish n Chips, one man risks everything to play American Football. Derek Simmons is a dreamer and a loser. Determined to show the world he can succeed at something he forms an American Football team.

Somehow the Crewe Railroaders are born and the dream becomes a reality even though the coach knows nothing about American Football, the team physio knows nothing about injuries and the cheerleaders haven't got a clue how to dance or cheer!

Using money from a loan Shark, Derek starts funding the team behind his long suffering wifes back. Under threat of losing his house and his marriage, Derek gambles everything on the financial success of his teams first game.

334721_482189221802953_1823059008_o.jpg

100_0705l.JPG
Me on set with with Green Bay Packers Legend Dorsey Levens who plays Head Coach James.

It kind of mirrors my own experience as I started playing in the same year, 1984. My first game was against the other team in the movie!

Last edited:
Im not a fan of ball games but because lcplcombats in it i made the effort and i actually enjoyed this ,very entertaining