What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hales war rockets

Very nice to see some complete examples, I have the 'head' from one, it had a wood core within, so is from after they became non-explosive. I also have copies of the original Royal Laboratory Department, Plates 29 & 30, drawn Dec 1863. Can you please post a photo or two of their bases? I'd like to see which Pattern those are.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 070721.png

Very nice to see some complete examples, I have the 'head' from one, it had a wood core within, so is from after they became non-explosive. I also have copies of the original Royal Laboratory Department, Plates 29 & 30, drawn Dec 1863. Can you please post a photo or two of their bases? I'd like to see which Pattern those are.

View attachment 195123
Yes one is an 1870 MK3 the other is 1876 I think MK4 they also are numbered as I believe they made 2000 rockets

View attachment 195123
The wood core would indicate it came from a practice rocket from one of the old gunnery ranges as they put a wooden plug where the charge went in the warhead on practice rockets