What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAND GRENADE FRAGMENTARY PARAGUAYA "Carumbé-i"

malv.1982

Hello everyone, little by little I'm going to teach some pieces from my collection ...

HAND GRENADE FRAGMENTARY PARAGUAYA "Carumbé-i" used in the Chaco War (BOLIVIA-PARAGUAY 1932/1935).

A LITTLE HISTORY .......
This fragmentary Granada Carumbe-I or turtle was Paraguayan manufacturing consisted of a helmet iron body similar to pineapple grenades used in other countries, which made her a powerful source of shrapnel or shrapnel slots. They lacked mechanical ignition or percussion, but used an ingenious system which was to cover the head of Granada a waxy flammable material with added phosphorus as fast wick, which joined the internal explosive. It is ingenious Granada came on top of phosphorus rubbing with sandpaper sewed some soldiers in uniform forearm for quick deployment in fire enemigo.Los Arsenals military and Navy of Paraguay under General Jose Alfredo Bozzano It was the place where more than 300,000 carumbe`i hand grenades, which, for Paraguayan pride in the war were more effective than the SIP grenades, Belgian-made, used by Bolivians) were manufactured.
I teach these pieces then petenecen to my collection. one with a bizarre booby trap device.

Regards.
Marcelo.

1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg3.jpg

I have a grenade from the Chaco war that came from the battlefield on the high desert, where I have been told that many artifacts can be found. I had Ordnance collector friends that had relatives that were Missionaries in that area, and visited that high desert.

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Side 2.jpg
    Side 2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 20
  • side 3.jpg
    side 3.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello Hazord
Very good piece, because it seems that still retains traces of phosphorus to ignite no ?? is the variety of threaded ?? Thank you.

Regards.
Marcelo.