What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happiness is an Unopened Can of French 25mm Anti-tank gun AP Ammo

M8owner

It is my understanding that I have purchased French 25mm green tipped tracer ammo - 8 rounds. The writing strikes me as more Finnish than French. I do not know if I have the self control to not open this can. I only want to keep one or two for myself. Are there six other BOCN members in the US who would desire one of these? I would have to get $150 for each complete round.

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 164
I cant translate the label, but the Original contents of this box are 7,5 mm cartridges, used by the finish army for 25 mm ?

IMG_7216.jpg

8kpl = 8pcs, which I understand as 8 pieces. The 7.5mas comes in boxes, 20 boxes to an outer, so no relation to 8 pieces, is there a Finish person who can translate? From a box point of view, with British boxes they are usually designed for a particular round and packaging but later on in service they can get used for all sorts of different types of ammo. Maybe the Fins did the same??
Cheers
Gary

I have no self control. I am so ashamed.

Attachments

• IMG_2366[1].jpg
    IMG_2366[1].jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2365[1].jpg
    IMG_2365[1].jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2364[1].jpg
    IMG_2364[1].jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2367[1].jpg
    IMG_2367[1].jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 120
I released air from 1938 into our modern world. I might have torn a hole in the space/time continuum. Want me to ship one to Arkansas? I might be coming to visit folks out that way in the near future.

There seems to be another label below the Finnish label. Is it possible to see what is printed there? About Finnisk label, A5052 is ammunition number, 25 psa-Vj means "panssariammus valojuovalla" = AP shell with tracer. K/34 is model of the gun called in Finland. pra must be inspector's initials.

I think this ammo was packed originally in France in this box and shipped to Finland in 1939. As the gun appeared very soon useless, there was no need to re-pack the ammo again. In 1950's remaining guns and ammo were sold to Interarmco.

Last edited:
I have no doubt the ammo was originally packed in France. I tried to separate the label but would have to destroy it to get the two apart. I am also surprised that this gun got a bad reputation in service. The folks who shoot these over here say it easily penetrates two inches or 50mm of armor; that is useful against any tank from the side or rear.

It's like being a kid on Christmas morning and your parents make you wait to open presents

Those are pretty incredible

Having fondled my newest addition for a couple days, I took it out to the shed to display with its previously acquired mate. Or so I thought. My first 25 mm is, as so far determined, a 25X163 for the P19 cannon. The new one is a 25X194R for the Hotchkiss. A nice surprise.
Please advise if the fired case 25X163 is proper for the unfired projectile, which was stuck(very snugly) in the case when I got it.
IMG_1753.jpg the 163 hs - IMG_1756.jpg