What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy belated Birthday V40

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
A day late but would like to wish V40 a happy birthday for yesterday
:birthday:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I wish I was that old again John. Now that I am 50, the thought of being a half of a century old kinda gets me feeling very old. Then again I am looking at the glass half full too.

Hi Mark,Happy birthday,and many more of them,you still got a long way to go to catch me,
Regards,
Don,

Thanks guys. I was told that the 50's are the new 40's and the 60's are the new 50's. Don and John, I cannot look at it in any other way then, that you have all spoke. I am now a half a century old and the cup IS half empty. You guys feel the same way?

Hi Mark,Yes cup is half empty but it is also half full,there is still plenty to do and plenty to learn,you never know what you can do until you set your mind and do it,for instance,(though quite irreleavant now)in 1993 at the age of 51 a good mate and myself took a van load of humanitarian aid to Bosnia,and again the following year,on reflection a pretty dumb idea considering the situation over there but for once in my life I had achieved something I could be proud of and on the way I learned a lot about myself and about other people and helped in a small way to make their pretty rotten and dangerous lives just a little better,as they say ,,,as one door closes another opens,age is only a date on the calendar,another pointer is years ago,(well over here anyway)a car with 50,000 on the clock was considered worn out but now a car with 80 or 90,000 can be considered a good buy(depending on the make of car) so 80,000 is the new 50,000 and 50 is the new 40,,,,,now all that philosophical stuff is out of the way,I hope you had a good birthday and that you have many more,
Cheers Mate,
Don,

Think of it as an NFL game and you're JUST STARTING the second half of the game.
This half you have the wisdom not to make the bad plays you did during the first half.
Time to enjoy. Plus old men get away with a lot more!
May you have at least 50 more Happy Birthdays and have all of us there to help you celebrate!

Thanks guys! I really mean it too. John, you and Don are spot on. I will be looking around for more years and hope you guys are still around. By the way, can I start my second childhood now?