What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headstamp ID Required

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Can someone ID the headstamp and case please?

Attachments

• IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 101

I think all sorts of french naval cases are not very common to find. And also documents about them are hard to find. The small round B stamps are also typical on french naval cases - whatever they mean. Issy is for Issy-les-Moulineaux. Can look it up later but thought it was a Schneider factory.

Last edited:
Can you please give the case dimensions. Mouth, length and rim diameters to help with the case ID.
I realise you only asked for the headstamp translation but we like to know what you show us.
If 100mm French it could be a 100x700R, 100x814R, 100x820R or 100x869R French Navy case ??

I think all sorts of french naval cases are not very common to find. And also documents about them are hard to find. The small round B stamps are also typical on french naval cases - whatever they mean. Issy is for Issy-les-Moulineaux. Can look it up later but thought it was a Schneider factory.
Unfortunately I don’t have any other details. It was in an antique shop for £88. All i would say is that it’s almost a meter long.

Yes, it is French Navy, 100 mm, for guns type 91, 92, and 93, made in Issy Les Moulineaux, 4th Lot of 1906. Reloaded 2 times, the second time being in or just after 1935 as stated on the primer (SFM = Societe Française de Munitions).