What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HEAT M9A1 rigle grenade booster

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I'm looking for nature of explosive of the booster in the US AT rifle grenade M9A1.

I thought it could be Tetryl, but I found a grey-black molded pellet in the brass holder.

Tetryl I often saw was yellow (sand), so I assume a wartime modification for my find

Hi MINENAZ16
We use the DETEX kit for determining the type of explosive. It is a kit that is simple and without electronics, based on the principle of reagents that react with a sample of explosives and give a colored trace, and according to a comparison with the table, it will tell you whether it is an explosive.
here : https://explosia.cz/app/uploads/2018/07/Explosia_kat_Speciality_cz.pdf
Akon
Product :
The DETEX® system is based on color reactions of detection solutions with substances such as TNT, RDX. HMX, PETN, TETRYL or inorganic nitrates, chlorates and explosives based on organic peroxides (TATP, TCAP, HMTD), contained in dynamite, smokeless powders, plastic explosives, powder explosives, etc. The DETEX set contains numbered bottles with detection reagent, swab test paper, evaluation table and protective gloves.
I've used it and it's fast and functional...

Last edited:
Hi MINENAZ16
We use the DETEX kit for determining the type of explosive. It is a kit that is simple and without electronics, based on the principle of reagents that react with a sample of explosives and give a colored trace, and according to a comparison with the table, it will tell you whether it is an explosive.
here : https://explosia.cz/app/uploads/2018/07/Explosia_kat_Speciality_cz.pdf
Akon
Product :
The DETEX® system is based on color reactions of detection solutions with substances such as TNT, RDX. HMX, PETN, TETRYL or inorganic nitrates, chlorates and explosives based on organic peroxides (TATP, TCAP, HMTD), contained in dynamite, smokeless powders, plastic explosives, powder explosives, etc. The DETEX set contains numbered bottles with detection reagent, swab test paper, evaluation table and protective gloves.
I've used it and it's fast and functional...

Thanks, we also have similar tests. I will try.