What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help - help!!!!!

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Hello everyone outside!I need your help again: Who can tell me what the parts in the photo are? I'm grateful for any information.

Attachments

• 20230606_073240.jpg
    20230606_073240.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73

Still haven't figured out the "Edit" function.

UPDATE(Edited): Found the EDIT button. WHEW! It's the one that says EDIT. Amazingly ingenious way to identify the function.

Last edited:
Designation- Reizkõrper

Country of Origin- Germany

Era or years of use- WWII

Weight-
Height-
Length-
Diameter-
Filling type- methyl bromoacetate
Filling Weight- 15 gr.
Fuse type-
Fuse Designation-
Fuze Delay-
Markings-

Remarks- The device is used in gas chambers for obtaining a concentration of gas for testing the fit of respirators. It is a glass capsule about 10 cm long, containing 15 gr. of methyl bromoacetate which is dispersed by a small charge of black powder contained in a central tube and ignited by a length of time fuze with a head of match composition. The capsule has a neck round which a wire is fastened for suspending it in a cylindrical wire cage which is provided in every gas chamber. One capsule is used for every 50 square metres of space in the chamber and for every 50 men. In other words, calculate the space and use the appropriate number of capsules, once 50 men have been through, add another capsule. Another type contained 13 gr. of another lacrimator, bromomethyl ethyl ketone.