What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed identifying WW2 period 'rocket' in photograph

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Hello all, I bought this photograph recently and need help with identification of what appears to be a 'rocket'. I believe the photograph was taken either toward the end or just post war period and shows an RAF BD officer standing next to it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kev

041.jpg

any pointers would be also welcome as to what this item may be......or country of origin - the photograph was possibly taken in Europe (Germany?) immediate post war or just prior to end of war?? I have another photo of the same man working around German AB500 cannisters. Of course the item could be of any nationality.

regards Kev

I don't recognize the rocket, but this may give a better view.

041.jpg

This should be a German 150mm Scheinsignalrakete 44. These were used to set false (night) navigation signals for allied bombers which normally were set by the pathfinders (often Mosquitos) ahead of a bomber formation.

Last edited: