What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed!!

hicky1300

Hi Gents (are there any lady members??)
Having a sort out & found two different magazines one I know is a waffenamt marked MP34 stick mag with the Portuguese stamp.
As I recall the Porto makers bought/ordered loads in the ealy 40`s hence the crest. They were made at the Steyr factory in Austria - hence the eagle. Not all of them made it to Porto because of a little fight the germans had picked with everyone else!!
So I think I know about one (now I know I`ll get put right!!).
Pics are of the unknown mag. I can only make out one stamp which looks likeU7 or Uz in a cicle??
It will not take a NATO 7.62/308 or 30-06 or 7.92. 7.62 x 39 too small?
I`m thinking Mannlincher/Carcano???
Anyway over to you
Cheers in advance.
Been away as nice orientallady knocked me off my Z. Nice rifde in Air ambulance & lovely nurses though!!
By the way anyone want to buy these mags - no idea as to value so open to offers as not my thing?

Attachments

• DCP01737.JPG
    DCP01737.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DCP01738.JPG
    DCP01738.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DCP01739.jpg
    DCP01739.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DCP01740.JPG
    DCP01740.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
Hello Hicky,
that mag is for the Czech self loading rifle Vz 52 and its in caliber 7,62x45. In 1957 the caliber got changed to 7,62x39 and the rifle was called Vz52/57 butu there have also been some modifications to the magazine. So your's is in the original caliber.
Erik