What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help: Real or fake M67?

natocollector

Is this a real or fake M67? The fuse is solid (non-workin) but the build quality seems legit. Is this a throwing practice grenade?

Body feels like cast iron.
Fuse made of steel and lever/pin looks original.
No marking or text.

Top/bottom photos:

IMG_1261.jpg IMG_1262.jpg

mvc-136s.jpg
Here's a real one . Note the body is formed in two halves with a join around the centre . Your one looks as if it might be a film prop or similar .

Indeed, Sigfreid is correct.

2 halves with horizontal welded seem.
Also the inside of the grenade can give you a clue...The real one has a frag-pattern like in my picture.

Attachments

• 100_3313.jpg
    100_3313.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_3104.jpg
    100_3104.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 22
Natocollector

It would be nice if you replied to people in your previous postings before putting up new threads. People try to help you and don't even get a nod of thanks.

John

Here's a real one . Note the body is formed in two halves with a join around the centre . Your one looks as if it might be a film prop or similar .

Indeed, Sigfreid is correct.

2 halves with horizontal welded seem.
Also the inside of the grenade can give you a clue...The real one has a frag-pattern like in my picture.

Oh, yes. I see your points.
Guessing this is just a copy-item then.

When I now compare it to a M69, you can clearly see the difference in casting-quality and size-difference of the gren body.

IMG_1270 2.jpg

Last edited: