What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help regarding WWI fuse

al'saad

Ordnance approved
Found this one in Bosnia and Herzegovina on 10cm shell. I have identified it as M.14 pattern and percussion fuse for 10cm schrapnell shells. Time ring is graduated 0-76 and of visible marks has six bladed star and number 18.

Attachments

• fuse1.jpg
    fuse1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 50
  • fuse2.jpg
    fuse2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 68
it's Name is "10 cm M.14 Granatschrapnellznder". The projectile is not a normal shrapnell, it's a Granatschrapnell (Schrapnell + HE-head)

M.14.jpg

Thanks, Alpini!

It'is good to know that I'm doing better regarding WWI stuff ID :D

As far as I know the jugoslavian army got these shells as reparations from austria (or they simply found them after 1st WW in ammunition depots on ex-austro-hungarian territory) and kept them in stock until beginning of 2nd World War :D

yugoslavia after wwi had 10cm austro-hungarian skoda M15 feldkanone and M14 feldhaubitze in some numbers. so it is quite possible that had suitable ammo. only M15 feldkanone are rebored for french 105 shells.
in 'notes on austro-hungarian fuses' stays that this fuse was used on 10cm shells for M14 heavy cannon but i'm not sure to which type artillery weapon this is related, M15 cannon or M14 howitzer.

your fuze is for the 105 mm shrapnell for the 10 cm M.14 howitzer. Same construction shrapnells for the heavy gun are longer with longer fuzes and really rare I think. The 10,4 cm heavy guns did not exist in large numbers but the M.14 field howitzer and M.16 mountain howitzer (same ammunition) was austrian "main artillery" in 1st WW.

Last edited:
so it is clear to me now. btw, M.15 cannons are rebored in yugoslavia for french 105mm shells, and M.14 howitzers are modernized prior to WWI to be able to use ammo for skoda M.28 howitzers.

Hello, can you tell me anything about the 155 mm. It weighs 50 lbs, is inert, has a lot number 4675, Model 1914-15 and BH-18.
This is out of my area of expertise and I wonder what gun shot this thing, what time period it was used and what would be the average price.
It is rusty, the cap and fuse come off easily, there is rust inside the hollow area. It is 19.5 inches tall. Very impressive looking. I am trying
to sell it for a lady whose husband passed away suddenly. Seems like the lot number would point to a certain date of manufacture. There is another number I cannot make out and it appears to start with 73 something. Many thanks from a true Novice.