What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help wanted

F

Fuzeman

Hi all i have just received a parcel of fuzes and bits and pieces amongst them were these 2 items both are made of Ali 2 1/2 inches tall by 1. 1/2 inches wide , no marks on them both painted red (Airdropped fuzeparts )any help appreciated thanks

Attachments

• unknown object 002.jpg
    unknown object 002.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 18
  • unknown object 003.jpg
    unknown object 003.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
  • unknown object 004.jpg
    unknown object 004.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 35
Good grief Well done Tony i would never have thought they were grenade parts , as they came from a box of bomb fuzes .Many thanks

Maybe they were put together because they are made of aluminiun and painted red ? who knows, pretty unusual though I would think. Hope I get something equally interesting for christmas !

hi tony
grenades are not my forte , if you have something to swop for the !, they are just sitting on the shelf sulking .

Bomb Part

My Dad gave me this about 35 years ago, he always said it was part of a bomb, any ideas ? no markings, solid steel, two grub screws, its 50mm across athe narrow part, 55mm at the widest and 25mm deep.

Attachments

• DSCF0047.JPG
    DSCF0047.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0048.JPG
    DSCF0048.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF0049.JPG
    DSCF0049.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 18
Hi Tony
I dont recognise it i wonder if its a base plate strange