What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help what is this

womble

Hi everyone can anybody identify this round, I think it could be Turkish because of the cresent moon and star on the head stamp, the case length is 53.5mm and 7.92mm accross the bullet, I have written on the paper in the photo the other marks on the head stamp.
so if any one could provide any info then it would be appreciated.

cheers

womble

Attachments

• DSC_1631.jpg
    DSC_1631.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 69
Hi Womble,

You've got a 7.65mm Mauser which, as you say, is of Turkish manufacture. My example is of 1910 manufacture but I don't have the date codes to hand to figure yours out at the moment (there's a rat out in the garden and my wife's shouting at me to shoot it!)

Jim

jimiles thank you for the reply and the info, hope you got the rat, just out of interest do you know if these are a common round or hard to find etc.

Cheers

womble

They're not 'rare' but any cartridge of that vintage is scarce and will become increasingly so. If I had to put a value on it I'd say its probably only in the region of 5 - 10 which is a pity as its a nice looking headstamp.
R.I.P. Mr Rat....

jimiles thank you for the info it is much appreciated, I will pass it onto a good home.

cheers

Womble