What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Casing Identification Please

GFUNK

Hi Guys

Not posted on here for a while. Whilst digging out the entrance to a 4.7cm Pak bunker last weekend I found this shell casing. Can anybody please confirm what it is, any additional drawings, data would be very well received.

My thoughts are that it could be from a FT17 or R35 Tank Turret that is mounted on another bunker only yards away.

Many thanks.

Grant

Festung Guernsey

Attachments

• IMG_4208.JPG
    IMG_4208.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4221.JPG
    IMG_4221.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 63
It will be from the Renault most likely. It is a French 37mm M1885 made at the Parc d'Artillerie de Paris, but I cannot read the date on the headstamp.

Regards
TonyE

A small correction to the above. PDPs should be "Pinchart-Denis a Paris", not "Parc d'Artillerie de Parisa".

Regards
TonyE

Can you clean the base a touch, this looks like a post ww1 upgraded case with a newer primer, might have a date on the primer. Could be from a Renault or the infantry gun, both were still in use. Given the proximity of the FT17 turret I would go for that.

Last edited: