What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with going price for this item? APFSDS

cjharpy

Hey Y'all,

Can you help me out with how much is rational to pay for this? It is suppose to be a 30mm but looks more like a 25mm
pix839122247.jpg

I am not absolutely shure , but shouldn't there be a pointed transparant plastic cap on top of the body?

Regards, DJH

It does look like a 25mm Chain Gun round for ground guns with teflon coated case. Typical price 10 years ago was $100.00 assuming it is a WC dart and not the DU dart ( Tungsten Carbide versus Depleted Uranium). It is most likely made from unloaded components since there aren't any link marks or crimping marks. Is the case primed?

Last edited:
It does look like a 25mm Chain Gun round for ground guns with teflon coated case. Typical price 10 years ago was $100.00 assuming it is a WC dart and not the DU dart ( Tungsten Carbide versus Depleted Uranium). It is most likely made from unloaded components since there aren't any link marks or crimping marks. Is the case primed?

I am not sure if the case is primed...I think it is a Amron made case manf in 2009

Also think its a US M919 round...but I blue obturator throws me off

Last edited:
Crimped in ones with the plastic cap were going for about 130 a few years back.
One minus cap that's not crimped in would be less than 100.
Dave.

The guy is asking $220 US...should I pull the trigger? Is it really as rare as he thinks?
They're fairly scarce but not impossible to find. I've seen 6 for sale over the last 5 years or so. Its a little expensive for what it is but if you haven't got one and really want one then its there to be had.
Its just down to personal preference and if you can afford it I guess.
Dave.