What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with ID of case please

Weasel

Premium Member
I picked up this case at the carboot this morning, i would normally walk past one looking like this but it has a few interesting features, to me at least its unknown but hopefully one of our members can help id it for me. It may well be cut down and very few details can be made out on the headstamp, the entire rim is knurled its very heavy for its size at 2 pounds and there are areas where it looks to have been plated as you can see in the picture of the base looking at the side of the case, the primer is a No38 Mk1 and is dated 10/56 from what i can make out. Any help would be appriciated, best regards Weasel.

20171217_145157.jpg20171217_145334.jpg20171217_145435.jpg20171217_145511.jpg20171217_145235.jpg

I have one similar dimensions marked A/S 13 dated 1955 there has been some threads on A/S cartridge types before.

Thank you you two, i will go off and have a look for the other threads, not my area of knowledge and i remember seeing some much smaller throwing cases years ago, did not cross my mind this could also be one.
Best regards Weasel.