What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with ID please,

beihan62

Premium Member
As far as I know this is the fuse/detonator for a practice smoke/flash bomb,from memory the case (about 3ft long x 6ins,diameter)is constructed of 2mm sheet steel which is soldered together,the fins which are quite small are again sheet steel soldered to the casing,I can supply pics of the casing soon,the only marking I can see properly on the firing device ?,are AGM2 in a circle stamped in two places,and R C & CO 9,there is a spring type ratchet on the side of the fuse ? body with the words LOCK> <UNLOCK,these items were found some years ago during peat cutting operations on a disused gunnery/bombing range,(got caught up in the machinery),could anyone identify it,ie, flash or smoke,and explain how it operated,
Many thanks,Don,

Attachments

• roses and fuse 011.jpg
    roses and fuse 011.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 61
  • roses and fuse 012.jpg
    roses and fuse 012.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 47
  • roses and fuse 015.jpg
    roses and fuse 015.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 39
  • roses and fuse 018.jpg
    roses and fuse 018.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 43
Hello

It can be the N42 fuze for the bomb Reconnaissance flare.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 38
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
Hi PASCAL,

Many thanks for a quick reply,we have had these for many years now and until now they have defied identification,from memory it looks exactly like the one show in your thumbnails,unfortunately we dont have the parachute,once again,many thanks,
Regards,Don,

Hello

You can download here the british explosive ordnance (1946) with all the informations about your fuze and the bomb. (and many more infos)

Code:
[COLOR=#810081][U]http://www.scribd.com/doc/33429916/Op-1665-British-Explosive-Ordnance-1946[/U][/COLOR]
(copy/paste the link in your webbrowser)

Last edited: