What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with RPG-22 safety pin for the frontal protective cap?

goran_croatia

I got recently empty RPG-22 launcher.
It is in very good condition but safety pin made from wire is missing from frontal protective cap.That pin secures the frontal protective cap of launching tube when the launcher is in transport position.The pin is removed when launcher is put in firing position.
I would like to replace that wire pin with something,but I don't know how that wire pin looks:eek:oh:
I found even scan of the russian technical manual for RPG-22 but there are no pics in it,just drawings.If any of you can provide good pics of that wire pin for frontal protective cap for RPG-22,please put them here:tinysmile_shy_t:

Thanks

Hi Goran, how are you.
Here a scan of the pin with the measurements in mm.
It is a simple pin which is easy to make, the colour is black.
All the best Blu.

Attachments

• rpg 22.jpg
    rpg 22.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 30
Thanks blu97:tinysmile_fatgrin_t!!!
I bought that empty launcher for 15 euro:tinysmile_fatgrin_t!!It was a war souvenir,so that pin was missing,because it was lost after firing the launcher during the war.Now I'll make that pin using your pic as a reference and replace it!

Thanks one more time.