What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

EODONE

Ordnance Approved
How can I reduce the size of my profile pic, No rude remarks please:tinysmile_hmm_t:

You need to have some type of photo processing software like photoshop or paintshop pro or the like. Within that software you can reduce the size (file size) of any photo. The BOCN attachment software will compress photos if they are larger than 100Kb, as long as they aren't too much larger than that.

If you don't have any type of photo processing software, you can still get a file reduced in size in a less precise manner. Open up microsoft word. Insert the photo in a word file. Microsoft word will compress the file when it puts it in the word file. As an experiment I inserted a 2.72 Mb file into a word file and it reduced it to 46Kb. Once it is in the word file, you right click on it and select copy. Then open up microsoft paint, which comes with windows and is in the accessories folder in programs. Type control V to paste the photo. Once it is in paint, you can select file save as and save the now compressed photo. The downside is that you can't specify the file size of the compressed file. You can play around with the file in word to reduce it even more grabbing the corner of the photo and making the image smaller. When you copy it to paint, it will be even smaller in file size.

Last edited: