What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone

woodbine

Does anyone know what this shell is? its an inch and a half wide by six and a half high,am i right in thinking it was for a pom-pom gun many thanks woodbine.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 64
Hi, and welcome to the forum..... For ID'ing stuff its good if you can give good measurements of the size of the case (height, width, neck size) and the same with any projectile measurements. Also, taking any pictures of the markings on the base of the case or on the projectile are helpful.

It looks like a 37mm Pom-Pom cannon round... I am sure the experts will pipe up and give you a correct answer....:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

hello woodbine

hello woodbine welcome to bocn !!

looks like also on 3,7 cm WW1 round !!

regards David

hey ya woodbine

Welcome to the wonderful world of BOCN woodbine, looks like you have 37mm pom pom, can we get pic of headstamp???Dano

Hello and welcome

Hi Woodbine that names a bit of a blast from the past-not ex naval per chance ?
Names aside, welcome.

3,7 cm

Hello Woodbine,
You have a german 3,7 cm Gr with 3,7 cm Gr Z
The two bands will indicate a shell for AA artillery (max velocity)

3,7 cm

Sorry, it's not the 3,7 cm GrZ fuze, but well a base fuze.
This kind of shell, with a incendiary filling, was initially used agains ballons.

37mm round

Hi, Heres a couple more pics of the 37mm, it took ages to dismantle,i needed to know if the shell had nothing in it?any way thanks for welcome the other day,regards [woodbine].

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 32