What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historic Photos III

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Here are two groups on separate subjects. The caption for the first two notes that the bombs are being inspected prior to loading on a B-25 bomber, Berteaux, Algeria in Feb of 1943.

The second series is from an unidentified ordnance plant in the US, the caption says that the photo series was shot for publication in the March 1943 issue of Firepower magazine. I love the fact that they are using kitchen utensils to dish out flake TNT.

Attachments

• 28b.jpg
    28b.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 28c.jpg
    28c.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 29b.jpg
    29b.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 72
  • 29a.jpg
    29a.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 29c.jpg
    29c.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 70
Nice photos. I feel sorry for that poor girl in the middle photo. All by herself, and a whole room of grenades to work on. No wonder she is so thin.

That aluminum pot that they are spooning the TNT out of looks just like the one I use to make spagetti.

M10A2 Fuze box

Hi, Those are great pics, Thanks for posting and sharing them. Here is what the fuze box looks like that the girls in last photo, have on the table in front of them.
I wonder what the girls are doing to the fuzes, I do not think they are installing dets? I think the dets were already attached to the fuzes that were sealed in these 25 fuze boxes?? Anyone with more info??

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• P7040001.jpg
    P7040001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 38
  • P7040003.jpg
    P7040003.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 32
  • P7040007.jpg
    P7040007.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 29
According to the data on the back of the photo, they are splitting (spreading) the safety pin.