What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooray I'm rich and can buy what I want...

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
because I opened my e-mail today and found this:

Attention: Selected E-mail ID,

A congratulation, you are the winner of our E-Lottery FEBRUARY DRAW. You have therefore, been awarded the sum of 1,400,000.00 Great Britain Pounds. Kindly forward your Lucky No: (ha, do't you wish I left my numbers in there so one of you could try and claim it!) For More Details And Directory: service@chanlegalfirmuk.com

Thank You
Kelly Willison

That's right, I'm rich! I'm buying one of everything and none of you can stop me!!!

You'd be amazed how many people will give their bank account or social security number without even thinking twice!:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

Over here we have the Nigerian scheme; You get a mail that a far and forgotten family member has left you a considerable sum of money:eek:oh:. However, there's one little catch: before they can transfer it to your account ASAP, you'll have to pay the solicitor's bill in advance; 400 Euro's. They'll even give you the account on which to donate at a bank in your vincinity as not to arous suspicion.

You'd be absolutely amazed how many people - even with an university degree- will transfer the money to be left behind in bewilderment when they find out no money arrives on their account:tinysmile_cry_t3:

Last edited:
Nigerian scam?

Nope, I won the lottery and I'm sooo lucky I didn't even remember entering it. I'm going back to planning on how to spend my millions now :)

There are a few websites dedicated to deliberately messing around with Nigerian scammers. People send them false details and end up having long conversations about what is supposedly going on with them via email. The scammer doesn't know that the whole thing is a wind-up. People post the results of these things online, some of them are hilarious. The scammers send what are supposely their IDs that have obviously been very badly drawn in MS Paint.

Also, my mate works for a computer security firm that companies pay for them to hack their networks to expose security flaws. Apparently one of the lads in their office got one of those scam emails. They sent a mail back to the scammer which had a virus in it which they used to take control of the scammer's computer and delete the contents of his hard drive.

Nigerian scam?

Nope, I won the lottery and I'm sooo lucky I didn't even remember entering it. I'm going back to planning on how to spend my millions now :)

I'm with you man. You lucky thing. Fancy not remembering entering it. That happened to me once but I also forgot to send them my bank details so I couldn't claim it in the end. Who cares? A long lost Nigerian family member is giving me all their money so I don't need the lottery anymore