What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you all store or show your SAA

peashooter

BOCN Supporter
I have been wondering on how to store or show my small arms ammo collection, it is growing rapidly and I would like to know how all you SAA collectors keep your collections

cheers
Richard.

Peashooter,
In addition to the answers you get here, I think the IAA forum had a thread on this a while back that was pretty informative. You might want to try that website: 'iaaforum.org'
Taber

Storage

I suppose it depends on whether you collest live or de-activated ammo. As I only collect live ammo on a Firearms Certificate I obviously have to have greater security than if it was inerted.

I use "Bisley" cabinets which can be ordered with shallow drawers ideally suited to ammo. They are lockable, but I have added further security. I also have the drawers lined with plastic ribbed trays, unfortunately no longer available, that could be bought in a variety of sizes to suit pistol or rifle ammo.

I will take a picture of the inside of the drawers later.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• Img_0434.jpg
    Img_0434.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 77
I use "Bisley" cabinets which can be ordered with shallow drawers ideally suited to ammo. They are lockable, but I have added further security. I also have the drawers lined with plastic ribbed trays, unfortunately no longer available, that could be bought in a variety of sizes to suit pistol or rifle ammo.
Yep, I have a lockable Bisley cabinet too - very convenient. I line the drawers with corrugated cardboard to keep the cartridges in place.

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition website

I use a wooden dentist cabiney and like tony line the drawers with corrigated cardbord. The drawers vary in "thickness" and large rounds fit into the lower drawers.

For display a gunshows/cartridge shows i built a 4'x4' folding box, about 3'' deep. I fastened the cartridges to the inside. Its a bit heavy, the display goes from 5.56 to 35 mm.