What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to identify a replica of a 5cm KWK-39?

chispa

Hello, I have been offered a 5cm KWK-39-Pak-38 projectile, and I wanted to ask you if you know of any replicas of this type of ammunition that have been made.
The model would be the second from the left, I read on the forum that replicas were created from other models (but I don't remember which ones) What should I look for?
Thanks greetings!

5CmPak38_3G.jpg

The 5cm Pzgr 39 is the most common of the 5cm projectiles so replicas are unlikely.

What you do have to watch for is restored projectiles trying to be passed as original with stencil markings etc

Have you a picture of the item in question?

PC

Hello StielGr, I don't have any photos. :( How much could you pay for it (it's just the projectile), it doesn't have any text, I will ask you to send me some...

Such projectiles have sold in Europe for as little as 30 Euro in recent years. They have gotten as low as $100 each in the US.

Hello StielGr, I don't have any photos. :( How much could you pay for it (it's just the projectile), it doesn't have any text, I will ask you to send me some...
IMG_0573.JPG

Condition will decide the price so you will need pictures but it also depends on what you like. For example this projectile is a bit rough but still has the 33 stencil which rarely survives.

As M8 says 40 - 50 Euro for a good example in Europe.

PC

Ok thanks guys! Let's see if I can do something... if I buy it I will post photos (it remains to be clarified that this is not the first time I have bought material from the seller, but they have always been loose pieces to complete others...) I remember that it is only The projectile doesn't have the shell... let's see if I can see it in two weeks...

Curious question... how do you hold the ballistic hood?

Curious question... how do you hold the ballistic hood?

Pzgr40 is the go to member for all the construction details. You will find all your answers in this post link below.