What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydrostatic depht charge pistol question.

Michel

Today I got this British depht charge pistol. As far as I know its complete with the ajust key. The depht is from 50 feet down to 500 feet.
The marks on the "dial" read HTA (1928) Ltd Mark VII **. I read someware that the 500 feet model was introduced later than the 300 feet model.
Does the 1928 stand for the original design? And does the two stars (**) mean anything. Any info is welkom.

Sorry if there are spelling faults, English class is a long time ago.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Groet Michel

Attachments

• P1230008.jpg
    P1230008.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 42
  • P1230009.jpg
    P1230009.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 41
  • P1230012.jpg
    P1230012.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 34
Michel,

Your pistol would appear to have been made by Halls Telephone Accessories (1928) Ltd. The date is part of the manufacturer's name. On British land service fuzes an asterisk following the Mark denotes a conversion, so assuming the Navy followed the same convention, this pistol has been converted twice.

Your English is fine. Just remember, for you, English is probably your second or third language. For the vast majority of us in the UK, it is our only language and thus we are in no place to criticise.

Regards

TimG

Tim,

Thanks for your swift reply this resolves my questions. I thougt it had to
do some thing with the regular DC (slow moving ships) and the heavy DC (fast moving ships) or even the air dropped one but these where set at 25 feet (dial would be wrong) but all where of the mark VII model.
If there are any technical drawings of the Mark VII depht charge and working of the pistol out there it would be apreciated.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Michel