What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hz 140

navyman

Hello,
Just received this inert German fuze today and would be grateful for any info on it. Marks are;
HZ 140
H&W 15, (Manufacturer and date)?

Found on the Somme.
Cheers,
navyman.

Attachments

• HZ 140 1a.jpg
    HZ 140 1a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 25
  • HZ 140 2a.jpg
    HZ 140 2a.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
  • HZ 140 3a.jpg
    HZ 140 3a.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
  • HZ 140 4a.jpg
    HZ 140 4a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
WW1 German Fuze?

Hallo! No HZ 140, Correctly = HZ 14 O = Haubitzenznder 14 Gru Harry

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I am completely ignorant with the German language. Could someone help me with the translation?
This is typically embarrassing as us Brits are renowned for not bothering with other languages, expecting everyone else to speak English!
With my sincere apologies,
Guy.

Hi Guy,The word Haubitzenznder translated means howitzer fuze
Cheers
Andy

Last edited:
Hello,
Just received this inert German fuze today and would be grateful for any info on it. Marks are;
HZ 140
H&W 15, (Manufacturer and date)?

Found on the Somme.
Cheers,
navyman.
Very nice fuze Guy, the 15 indicates year of manufacture, the rest i'm not sure. A fine piece. And to know where it was found, just icing on the cake..Dano

Hi
This fuze is indeed one a HZ 14 and the O after the designation indicates a detonator of superior quality
Au revoir
Jean paul

Hi
This fuze is indeed one a HZ 14 and the O after the designation indicates a detonator of superior quality
Au revoir
Jean paul

Thank you Jean paul,
Very good forum here, I've learned a great deal in a couple of hours.
Bonsoir,
Navyman.

Hello navyman! That is my HZ 14 greeting Harry

Attachments

• H.Z. 14.jpg
    H.Z. 14.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 20
HZ 14's

Hello navyman! That is my HZ 14 greeting Harry
Hello Harry,
That's a nice looking piece. Envy envy.
Could you help me by telling what type/calibre shells these would be used in? I didn't think to ask earlier today with the excitement of new toys in the post!
Cheers,
Guy.

Hz14

Hi navyman, I just wanted to show a better pic of my HZ14 German WW1 fuze. This came to me from a museum owner in the Netherlands along with another relic GRZ 96/04 fuze and he had personally found them both at Verdun. I was able to trade hem out of the pair in a very reasonable deal. I have said it time and time again, but I really love the relics, especialyy if you know where they were found. He told me these were just lying right on top of the ground! My goal in life is someday to go "overthere" and have a look-see for myself..Regards...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 356.jpg
    Picture 356.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6
my Hz14

hi
HZ 14 and vorst; Fliehb, are used on 9cm, 10 cm, 10.5 cm, 12 cm and 15 cm Gr 14 eye modified
Just to show HZ 14 without shell
Left to right, HZ 14; HZ 14 , HZ 14 Vorst;
under: HZ 14 Zl, HZ 14 Fliehb

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 23