What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I due marescialli (1961)

sksvlad

September, 1943, Italy https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054830/. Classic post IIWW Italian comedy, a Carabinieri officer arrests a petty thief, at the same moment American planes bomb the railroad station where the arrest takes place, which allows the thief to exchange garbs with the unconscious officer to avoid going to jail. But then the Germans come, and the fast moving confusion pours in. Fascists, Loyalists, Wehrmacht, an American soldier, a brothel madam, a Jewish girl, Italian resistance fighters, dynomite sticks disguised as church candles given to an unsuspecting priest, and then the bride of the original Carabinieri officer who comes to get married in church, all spinning out of control. Golden era of French and Italian comedy, when people just recovered from the real war to be able to laugh at it. And you have the great Toto as the petty thief, and Vittorio de Sica as the Carabinieri officer. I read Toto's Wiki page, what a life!!! Let me impress you with his real name and title (Toto is a stage pseudonym)

Antonio Griffo Focas Flavio Ducas Komnenos Gagliardi de Curtis of Byzantium, His Imperial Highness, Palatine Count, Knight of the Holy Roman Empire, Exarch of Ravenna, Duke of Macedonia and Illyria, Prince of Constantinople, Cilicia, Thessaly, Pontus, Moldavia, Dardania, Peloponnesus, Count of Cyprus and Epirus, Count and Duke of Drivasto and Durazzo

Last edited: