What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icelandic Volcano gets my vote...

Ooooohh!! I dont think this one will be around too soon albeit being funny!! :p

Rules and all that dear boy!

best

waff

Sorry waff, and everyone else.

No offence meant to anyone!!

Please feel free to remove and accept my appologies.

regards Kev

Peace and quiet !

Whilst it is very inconvenient for those who are stranded or wanted to travel it has been sheer bliss here for the last couple of days-I have heard birds singing in the garden instead of the constant roaring of jet engines along with the accompanying exhaust blast.

The cars are all slightly covered in a yellow/brown dust (presumably Sulphur and rock) and who cares, the peace is unbelievable:tinysmile_sleep_t:

I do however feel sorry for all those that are caught up in the chaos.:sad:

Oh that is what else is different around here, the air, it doesn't stink of Parraffin from all those planes.

But have you noticed the sepia tone type sunsets we were getting

which was almost like the sahara dust that we got once.

Who remembers it ??????

Best phil

I have to agree. I did unfortunatly miss my holiday to Cyprus on Sunday though, but I couldn't really afford it anyway and I got a FULL refund!

I live right next to Heathrow and it is great! For all those who are stranded.............Oh well, nature wins again!

It's been so quiet here in the west country, I'd not really noticed the ammount of background noise until it stopped. Would it not be a good idea to get the redundant hovercrafts out of mothballs instead of leaving them to rot in Dover? If I remember correctly it only took about 17 minutes to nip across the channel, and of course they can land virtually anywhere?
Just a thought,
navyman.

But have you noticed the sepia tone type sunsets we were getting

which was almost like the sahara dust that we got once.

Who remembers it ??????

Best phil

I do, and it was about three occassions not once. It first fell in the mid 70's. My dad was well hacked off. He spent all day cleaning his car and the next day it was covered in brown dust.