What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID for approx 90mm projectile

timefuze

Hi,

Can anyone identify the projectile below in the picture please. I want to have an idea of what is is before I buy it. The picture is all I got at this moment.

Thanks,

timefuze
1.jpg

can you repost the picture timefuze,,,dunno if its my laptop but i cant see it

Sorry. Seems like I'm the only one able to see the picture. I attached it properly this time and added a second one of an unknown projectile.

Any hep ID'ing both would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Timefuze1.jpg2.JPG

I got one more picture of the big projectile's base and the approximate dimensions of the smaller one that is mounted on the plate: 16cm long and about 5cm diameter (driving bands a little bigger than 5cm). I don't have more info for the ID, sorry.

Txs.,

timefuze3.JPG

Sorry. Seems like I'm the only one able to see the picture. I attached it properly this time and added a second one of an unknown projectile.

Any hep ID'ing both would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Best regards,

View attachment 65993

Timefuze

Hi

seems to be a 7.5 cm german shell for the kwk42 gun (panther tank),
but you say 90mm ... can you please confirm 90mm ?

the little may be a Nordenfeld shell.

regards

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I don't have more info than what I gave. The 90mm was derived from the picture, but it could be that my screen deformed the width/lenght ratio. Looking at the numbers stamped in the bottom and the absence of typical 3 letter german manufacturer codes (the photographer said he took a picture of all markings) stamped in the projectile body, could it be that this is a French 75mm DCA M36?

Thanks for the help on the smaller projectile!

Best regards,

timefuze