What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

id fuze 2

Pascal

Ordnance approved
Hello

Here is the second fuze.

Just a marking : 1917 with a crown between 19 and 17.
Overall length : 57mm
visible length : 44mm
max diameter : 60mm
thread diameter : 48mm

next fuzes will come in few days.

thanks,

Attachments

• DSCF9861.JPG
    DSCF9861.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF9862.JPG
    DSCF9862.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF9863.JPG
    DSCF9863.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF9864.JPG
    DSCF9864.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF9865.JPG
    DSCF9865.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF9866.JPG
    DSCF9866.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 45
I don't have any references on this, but my guess is that it is Danish based on the crown and the HL (Haerens Laboratorievaerks) markings.

I haven't more informations for Danish ordnance but thank you : it's a clue

M 1902

Hoi Pascal,

There's a colour drawing off this fuze in the Deminest No 56

Regards,

Chris

Hello chris

Well done, old friend !

So, we can confirm Danish M.1902.

Thank you, all !

This is the drawing.

Sorry, I can't put more beatiful resolution, because I'm not sure the author wants this.

Attachments

• Copie de M1902 Danish.jpg
    Copie de M1902 Danish.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 49
DanishDrawing;

Pascal,
Excellent line drawing, do you know who the artist is?
I find it so odd that all countries use the same principle in the time/impact fuzes. Set back to start the time sequence and impact inertia for the impact feature providing time has not run off.
Thanks for posting it.
Regards,
John
P.s. are you EOD or X-EOD?or and surely you are not as old as your avatar suggests.:)

I find it so odd that all countries use the same principle in the time/impact fuzes. Set back to start the time sequence and impact inertia for the impact feature providing time has not run off.
:)

If you mean the one in the drawing then we talk about a Krupp design which has been sold around the whole world to doozens of countries.
The whole British No80 series is a Krupp licence for example (and at least another one - forgot the number).

Pascal,
Excellent line drawing, do you know who the artist is?

P.s. are you EOD or X-EOD?or and surely you are not as old as your avatar suggests.:)

Hello

The "artist" is M.BELOT. Now, he's retired, but his son is always working for EOD french.

I'm EOD (I don't know what mean X-EOD. Retired, I suppose), and in fact, I'm not really as my avatar (or perharps if I eat/drink something bad ?)

In attachment, chris(with glasses) and me.

(sorry for my bad english)

Attachments

• DSCF9368.JPG
    DSCF9368.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 33
Great Photo;

Pascal,
Yes X-EOD means retired EOD. That is a great photo of you and Chris. Your avatar really does not depict you. but I figured you were not an old man like the avatar. stay young:)

Regards,
John