What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID help needed please!!

hicky1300

Hi all
Picked these up in Belgium today as part of a job lot with some WWI & II cases/rounds!
The Fuze is, I am sure British, 1913. Marked E.C.10. 11.1913.
Counts up to 62 - seconds? - on the lower ring with an infiity mark after. Is in very good unfired conditiobn & internals come out as you can see from pics. nose is Aluminium, rings are brass going by the weight & verdi gris, base/thread is alluminium. Rings do not move but Iwill soak it in penetrant at work tomorrow.
Fuzes not my thing but as I said guy had a job lot & wouldn`t split.
The next item I initially thought was a genuine case but homemade projectile. I now thing I may have that around the wronng way as managed to pull the proj.
The proj is 20mm diamaeter & appears to be made of a brass/bronze alloy? No bourolet & a very narrow drive band. This is a tracer proj & the filling is held in with a crimped aluminium washer with a plastic vover to allow ignition.
The case appears to be turned, not drawn. No headstamp, rimmed with an extraction groove & strange double level primer hole.
The case is approx 90mm overall & appears to have a slight taper.
Unfortunately rule & vernier at work so no specific dims at this time.
Also further to another thread, when I tried to haggkle the price down on some other cases, got the verbal about price/value of brass again!!!045.jpg044.jpg046.jpg

the fuze is not belgian, it is french made for Bulgaria. The belgian Schneider fuzes had different fuze setting keys, different shape and markings.

Further to my post I took the 20mm in to work & mic`d it up.
Case length 93.5mm. Dia at top 21.3, dia just above extraction groove 22.2 (so it does taper), rim dia 24.25.
Primer/flash hole is stepped at head 10.2 & 7mm deep then 8 and 5 deep.
Pojectile dia 20mm. drive band is 15.5 frm base. o/all length is 77mm.
I see where you are coming from Munfrosch - but ShVAK as you say is 99mm & I do not think the have an extraction groove?? Thanks for the input though.
Took the fuze in to work & soaked in penetrant.
Came apart easily & cleaned up nicely.
Going to post pic on Fuzes bit as never taken one apart before!