What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Italian bombs (1935)

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
Does anyone know the nomenclature of these 30's era italian bombs (2 different models) ?
Regards

chargement-de-bombes-pour-le-compte-ciano-a-deposer-front-italien-du-nord-des-bombes-aeriennes-p.jpg

Thanks
I checked the 15kg doc before posting and noticed a difference in fins and handle.

There seem to be a number of variations to the 15kg that are not well documented. I have only photographed 1-2 intact ones, while documenting work on CW recoveries and for ID purposes in museum type collections. The CW is an annular design, where the central cavity is nearly filled with an explosive container the same shape, with the void around the container filled with a liquid agent. We also found then with no internal container and completely chemical filled (phosgene) with only the fuze/booster to crack the body open. The CW ones that I have seen were usually without fins. The only fins I have seen were of the type shown in the publication, not those in the photo.